My Go-To Summer Makeup & SkinCare
During the Summer heat and months by the water, I try to wear as little makeup as possible. I’ll go through exactly what I do to keep my skin looking as good as it possibly can and what products I use for my Summer look!
Let’s get into my go-to summer makeup & skincare!
Skincare is most important to me and probably to many of you! I like to make sure I have clean skin and a healthy glow. This makes me feel more comfortable showing my bare face. Trust me! I do have breakouts and overall imperfect skin but I do what I can to make it look, what I find is, good for me!
Recently, I’ve been loving the Cerave Renewing SA Facial Cleanser and the Cerave Daily Moisturizer. I use this duo every night before bed! After the cleanser I usually put on The Original oil (Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%) that helps with dark spots and breakouts and then I put on the moisturizer.
In the morning, I usually just splash cold water on my face and put on the same The Original oil on my face and apply my makeup! I can feel someone cringing right now, but that’s all my skin needs in the morning. If I wash it too much, it gets too dry – this is just what works for me. Less is more!
For masks, I wear the famous The Original (AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution)! You know, the one that makes you look like you have a “bloody” face? It also tingles so much but my skin the next day is unmatched! It works and it’s so affordable! Just be careful of not mixing too many or the wrong few The Original serums/oils. Do your research! Everyone’s skin is different and I’m just sharing what works for me.
Putting on makeup is so fun! Makeup is whatever you want it to be and for me it’s a way to enhance my features. I personally don’t feel like I look good with eyeshadow or falsies, I’ve tried many times and I just don’t feel my best and that’s okay!
What works for me in the summer is this 6 step process so keep reading to find out what kind of makeup I use:
- I start by moisturizing with the Cerave Daily Moisturizer to prep my skin for makeup and allow the makeup to apply smoothly.
- I apply the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer to my problem areas and blend that in. It’s important to make sure to the concealer matches your skin. Sometimes you might have to mix 2 concealers to get the perfect match.
- I use a lighter version of the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer under my eyes and blend that in. This concealer is usually 2 shades lighter than my skin.
- I apply the Milk Lip & Cheek to the apples of my cheeks and top of my nose for a mock sunburn. I just like that look because it makes me appear to be sunkissed and glowy.
- I then use the Maybelline Brow Fast Sculpt Eyebrow Enhancer and brush through my eyebrows to keep the natural shape but make them appear fuller.
- I simple put on my Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara from Benefit Cosmetics and depending on what I’m doing I’ll pack it on or put on a one-coat.
And that’s it! That’s what I do for Summer makeup & skincare! I may switch it up here and there but for the most part, it’s the same routine because my skin doesn’t like surprises. I hope you enjoyed reading about the various products I use to have a glowy complexion throughout the Summer! Let me know what your favorite products are for skincare and makeup! 🙂
Thanks for reading!